Domini Life App
Mobile app to support Christian lifestyle
Why Domini Life?
The Domini Life app is a simple and modern way for people to fully live their Christian life wherever they are. Domini Life offers visions of hope in a mobile format. The name contains a confession of faith, Domini in Latin means the “Lord’s”.
What is Domini Life and for whom?
- To facilitate cooperation between various Christian communities, e.g. Christian organizations and churches.
- To break down barriers between Christian groups and organizations. Towitness of the unity of Christians.
- To reach out to people who are involved or interested in the activities in local churches and Christian organizations.
- The mobile format aims to reach especially out to the +/- 30 age group during their busy years of life with work and young children; it is often difficult to reach out to them with traditional methods.
- To collect various Christian media contents into one place for an easy access. To increase the ”reached” statistics of many Christian media contents.
- The app is modern, up to date and easy to access. It goes with people where they go.
- User experiences and ideas are collected in building and developing the app. For this purpose, there is a test user group. More features will be added in 2018.
- The national communication office of the Evangelical Lutheran Churchof Finland and leading Christian publishers are part of this project.
Domini Life app sections
1. Lifestyle of prayer, care and share, L-10-T (Luke 10 Transformation, Luke
ch. 10 for today)
- A personal schedule of prayer.
- Prayer wall: leaving prayer items/topics for others to pray for, and praying for their items/topics.
2. Action challenge for daily life
- Strengthening one’s own and communal Christian lifestyle through small deeds.
- Including people in one’s life (family, extended family, friends, work place, area of residence, church, country, etc.)
3. Media – Newsroom
- News from various Christian media sources chronologically according to the date of publishing.
- The app uses RSS feed to offer available news from various web sites.
- The informative material may be in the form text, audio and video. Topical themes are prayers in the main principle of the app.
4. On a Journey – Pray and Contribute (missions)
- The On a Journey section offers glimpses on domestic and international mission projects.
- Organizations and mission agencies can gain visibility and raise funds for their work in Finland and abroad. The missionary nature of the church becomes concrete also at home.
- Includes photos, texts, and video and audio material.
5. Powerful words – A Verse for the Day on the Opening page
- Clicking next to the Powerful Word takes you to the Bible passage where the verse comes from.
6. Domini Life community
- Interaction by using the Facebook app
- User can invite people from his/her networks and share Domini Life contents.
Bible characters and progressing
- The app encourages users to fully practice their Christian life. The app includes a game element, through collecting ”points” available from various activities.
- Certain numbers of points are connected to specific Biblical characters described in the app. The first version includes 12 characters: Balaam’s donkey, Benjamin, Shadrach, centurion, Hannah, Cananite woman, young David, Mary Magdalene, tax collector, wise bridesmaid, faithful servant, a small child.
- The characters will further developed so that they will include items of the armor of God based on Ephesians 6.
Responsible parties and project team of Domini Life
- Leading organization of project is Media Mission the Messengers (Sansa)
- Partner organization Logos Ministries of Finland
- Representation from cooperating entities: Office for Global Mission (the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland), TP-Fons Company, The Finnish Mission Council’s Young Adults Missions Promotion working group.
- Technical realization by Valu Digital Company.
Domini Life was launched at the big national Christian event, “Christ Day”, in Turku, Finland, on December 2, 2017.
Project management: Media Mission the Messengers (Sansa), and Logos Ministries of Finland (KRS).
Enquiries: Ms. Mervi Viuhko, Head of Networking Services, Sansa, email@example.com, tel. +358 50 551 6180.